April is distracted driving a month, a time to pay special attention to distracted driving, or the practice of driving while paying attention to something other than the road – like a cell phone or the mirror, which can cause fatal accidents.
In today’s world, we can be so attached to our devices that it can be difficult to avoid them while driving. Here are some distracted driving tips to keep you safe:
- Give your phone to someone else in the car that can read or send text messages for you as well as make calls.
- Put your cell phone in the back seat, so that you won’t be able to absent-mindedly reach for it.
- Avoid eating while in the car, however tempting fast food options may seem.
- If you’re tired, pull off the road. Sleepy driving absolutely is distracted driving.
- Try to limit the number of passengers in your car – especially rowdier guests, such as children or loud friends.
Do you have any other distracted driving tips? Let us know your ideas in the comments.