Already dreading the impending snowfall this year, and the inevitable snow shoveling that will follow? Whether you’re a staunch believe in “shovel in stages” or “shovel it all at once,” here are some snow shoveling tips to help you out:
- First of all, invest in quality materials. Ditch your old, broken shovel and buy some new, durable gloves.
- Try to shovel the snow whenever the sun is shining. You will be less cold, and perhaps some of the snow could even melt.
- If you’re tired, take a break! A back injury is much worse than a snowy driveway.
- Once you’re done, be sure to lay down some rock salt, perhaps preventing more snow in the future.
- Find out if anyone in your neighborhood is offering snow-shoveling services, which is a great way for stronger kids to earn money.
- If all else fails, give in and buy yourself a snow blower.
For more winter weather tips, or to explore one of our many winter-ready vehicles, contact us or visit us anytime at Krause Toyota Scion.