Spring is officially upon us, and you know what that means: rain. So much rain. The old adage “April showers bring May flowers” warns us of the impending storms. So what’s a driver to do?
Prepare yourself for spring weather by checking out these tips for driving in the rain:
- If possible, try to avoid driving in the rain, and keep in mind that the most dangerous time to drive is right after it starts raining.
- Never use cruise control when it’s raining and try not to drive through small puddles, in an attempt to avoid hydroplaning.
- Never, ever attempt to drive through large puddles, as merely a foot or two of water can make your vehicle lose touch with the ground.
- Be sure that your vehicle has a well-stocked first aid kit prepared, in the event of an accident.
- Lastly, leave much more room between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you than you normally would.
Do you have any other rainy weather tips? Stay safe this spring, and to start your season out with a new vehicle, visit us at Krause Toyota.