Now that the summer is here, you probably have a road trip or two planned for your family. However, in order to have a successful road trip, one thing you need to do is make sure everything is packed away properly. Here are a few tips on how to pack your car for a road trip.
- Have everyone in the family, pack a small bag with things they would like to do while in the car—books, tablets, handheld games, drawing pads, etc.
- Snacks play a pivotal role in having a successful road trip. Pack plenty of easy-to-eat snacks that won’t make a big mess. Bring along a reusable water bottle for each person. You’ll want napkins and wet wipes to clean up any messes. Keep snacks and drinks in the center of the vehicle so all passengers can reach them.
- When packing the trunk or cargo area, make sure the heaviest items are on the bottom. Then, of course, the lightest items go on the top.
- Make sure you don’t pack your cargo area too high and impede your view out of the rear window. You also don’t want items to fall over and hit any backseat passengers.
- If you’ll be stopping overnight before you reach your final destination, pack an overnight bag with a change of clothes and basic necessities. This way you won’t have to unpack the whole car.
Now that you know what to pack, make sure your car is road trip ready. Bring it in to Krause Toyota for a quick pre-trip check up.